GOBanking Rates Score
Quick take: Ashley Furniture offers customers a range of financing options to make major purchases manageable. As long as purchases are paid on time, this can be a great option. But, the APR on the Ashley Advantage card is still quite high.
How did we calculate this?
- Several interest-free financing options
- Unique offers
- Financing up to 60 months
- High APR
- Some financing options are only available online
For anyone doing home renovations or improvements, financing options can be a good idea. The Ashley Furniture Credit Card, also known as the Ashley Advantage™ Card, can accommodate consumer budgets. Here’s a full breakdown of what’s on offer.
Ashley Advantage Credit Card Overview
The Ashley Advantage credit card can be used for all Ashley purchases. Some interest-free plans are available for those who stay on top of payments, which is the norm for similar home store credit cards these days.
Ashley Furniture offers several financing options for its home store items through its Ashley Advantage card. This card is issued by Synchrony in association with Ashley Furniture and includes a variety of benefits listed below.
There is no annual fee with the Ashley Advantage card. However, two penalties are attached to the card. These are:
- Late fees of up to $41
- $30 returned payment fee
Customers can avoid late payment fees by ensuring that all credit balances are paid 23 days before the billing cycle. To avoid return payment charges, cardholders should ensure they verify that all payments have been authorized and accepted.
It is by no means a cheap credit card. With an APR of 29.99% and minimum interest payable starting at $2, many would consider this card expensive. But when invoices are paid on time, customers have nothing to worry about.
Customers can use interest-free online financing, buy now, pay later, and lease options. There are three interest-free financing plans, which are currently only available online. These include:
- 6 months: Minimum purchase of $150
- 12 months: Minimum purchase of $499
- 60 months: Minimum purchase of $2,999
Similar to financing is the buy now, pay later alternative. This involves paying off all purchases in four convenient payments rather than paying the full cost at that time.
There are also leasing options for consumers with poor credit, which gives customers the flexibility to pay off a purchase over time before taking possession of the goods.
Ashley Furniture operates a rewards program called Orange Rewards. Some of the unique benefits customers enjoy include:
- Birthday Perks – 10% off throughout customer’s birthday month
- Brand specific offers
- Early access to sales
- Tuesday Deals — 10% off the first Tuesday of every month
- $50 in-store credit on two purchases totaling over $2,500
- $100 off an initial order when signing up for Ashley Furniture emails
How the Ashley Advantage Credit Card Stands Out
The Ashley Advantage credit card is distinguished by its personalized discounts adapted to its customers through Orange Rewards. It has several financing options and the store has a price match guarantee.
Comparable Ashley Advantage credit card options
Here’s a breakdown of the similarities and differences in Ashley Furniture’s credit card offering and how it compares to the competition.
Menards Big Card
The Ashley Advantage credit card has an APR of 29.99%, which is considerably higher than the 26.49% APR with the Menard Big Card. Menards also offers 2% cashback on all customer purchases. Ashley Furniture only offers cash back on items as a credit when the customer has spent more than $2,500 and made at least two purchases.
Home Depot Consumer Credit Card
The Ashley Advantage credit card gives its buyers access to up to 60 months of interest-free financing. In comparison, the Home Depot credit card only provides a maximum of 24 months. Additionally, Ashley Furniture offers buy-it-now, pay-later services, unlike Home Depot.
How to register
In order to take advantage of Ashley Furniture Home Store financing options, customers can visit its website. From there, here are the steps to follow:
- Scroll down the page
- Under “Customer Service”, select “Request Funding”
- Select a preferred financing option from the choices available
- Complete the application form with the required details.
Alternatively, customers can download the Synchrony mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to open a new account or access an existing account.
Who is the Ashley Advantage Credit Card for?
The Ashley Advantage credit card is best suited for people who make large, one-time purchases that can be paid off over time. Loyal customers also have the option of taking advantage of offers without having to worry about annual fees.
Once individuals have paid off their credit balance on time, the Ashley Advantage card can be extremely useful. It gives customers the freedom to make larger purchases and pay them off at their own pace without going into debt or having to worry about interest on top of repayments.
Ashly Furniture Store FAQ
Here are some questions people ask about the Ashley Furniture Home Store Credit Card.
- What credit score do you need for Ashley Furniture financing?
- Ashley Furniture offers rental services that require no credit. For its Ashley Advantage credit card, customers can visit the website to see if they pre-qualify without impacting their credit score.
- How hard is it to get an Ashley Furniture credit card?
- Ashley Furniture relies on Synchrony to perform credit checks for its Ashley Advantage credit card. Customers can visit the company’s website to see if they pre-qualify.
- Which credit bureau does Ashley Furniture use?
- Synchrony provides credit for Ashley Advantage credit cards, and Synchrony uses VantageScore for credit scoring. VantageScore was founded by Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion, so it’s likely that Synchrony pulls credit reports from all three credit bureaus.
- Does Ashley Furniture use Synchrony?
- Yes. Synchrony is in partnership with Ashley Advantage to provide credit facilities.
Rates are subject to change; unless otherwise specified, prices are updated periodically. All other account information is accurate as of August 30, 2022.
Editorial note: This content is not provided by any entity covered by this article. Any opinions, analyses, criticisms, evaluations, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.