- Klarna’s Virtual Shopping connects online shoppers directly with experts in physical stores via video and live messaging, to deliver a highly personalized experience that helps consumers shop online with confidence.
- By placing human interaction at the center of the online shopping journey, Virtual Shopping enables retailers to create immersive experiences proven to increase customer engagement, reduce returns and build loyalty.
- Already live with more than 300 brands, including Levi’s and Hugo BossKlarna now introduces Virtual Shopping as a global offering to its more than 400,000 retailers.
NEW YORK, May 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Klarna, a leading global retail banking, payment and purchasing service, today announced the launch of its virtual shopping offering, bringing the best of in-store experience to the online experience. Virtual Shopping by Klarna empowers consumers to browse and shop online with confidence by connecting them directly with in-store experts via live chats and video calls to receive product advice and inspiration . For retailers, Virtual Shopping enables in-store teams to bring their expertise beyond the walls of physical stores to millions of online shoppers. Using the new Klarna Store app for merchants, in-store teams can share photos and videos of items and demo products live from the store, from home or even from emerging dark store concepts. This in turn boosts engagement and brand loyalty while reducing return rates. The launch builds on the successful acquisition of Hero, a social shopping platform and leader in virtual shopping services, last year.
While online shopping has reached new heights in recent years, in-store shopping remains the dominant channel, accounting for nearly 80% of global retail sales in 2021. According to new findings from Klarna’s Shopping Pulse report, consumers prefer shopping in physical stores because of the social interaction and the level of customer service they offer. Unlike in-store shopping, the online experience does not allow consumers to see a product up close, touch or try on items, making it difficult to tell if products are true to size, fit or color. Today, consumers are looking for the same level of support when shopping online, with more than three-quarters (78%) of U.S. shoppers believing that online retailers need to invest in new technologies to create more personalized (45%) and product recommendations (40%). %).
Klarna’s virtual shopping tools are already online today with over 300 brands, including Levi’s, Hugo Bossand Herman Miller, transforming online stores into a true omnichannel experience. Consumers can buy anything from sneakers to sofas without ever setting foot in store, but they still receive expert advice from in-store teams to help consumers with their buying decisions. Using live video and messaging, consumers can see photos and videos of items up close and watch live product demonstrations right from the store – demonstrating everything from how a garment comes off the rack the color of a cosmetic product or the size of a piece of furniture.
David Sandström, Marketing Director at Klarna: “At Klarna, we want to provide the best shopping experience in the world, whether online or in-store. In the past, a key element of online shopping was missing: human interaction. With Virtual Shopping, we reproduce the brick-and-live experience of receiving personalized advice from an in-store expert and applying it to the online domain.This will enable our partner retailers around the world to bring their online stores to life and establish lasting relationships with their customers.
Klarna now makes Virtual Shopping available to retail partners around the world, serving as the ultimate online shopping companion for consumers and strengthening Klarna’s position as a global growth partner for its retailers. By giving consumers greater confidence in their purchasing decision, the service dramatically improves merchant performance, with consumers being up to 21 times more likely to make a purchase after speaking with an online store expert than when left unaided.1while increasing customer lifetime value.
How does virtual shopping work?
- For buyers: Shoppers connect with a store expert when they click the Virtual Shopping icon on in-app stores from retailer websites. Once connected, they can chat, receive photos and videos, follow product recommendations, and even have a two-way video chat, recreating the experience they would receive in-store.
- For retailers: Klarna-integrated retailers can easily add Virtual Shopping to their online stores to deliver a true omnichannel experience. Once activated, they can gain insights into shopper interactions and sales, enabling them to improve their overall performance. To connect with online shoppers, in-store experts can now use the new Klarna Store app for merchants for iOS and Android. Once connected, they can start engaging with consumers via text, chat, and video, making it easy to provide personalized recommendations, schedule in-store appointments, and stay in touch.
Klarna’s virtual shopping offering is available today in 18 markets, including the United States, CanadaUK, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Denmark, France, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Swiss, Spain, Portugal, Italyand Sweden. The offer will expand to other markets in 2022.
1The conversion rate among online shoppers who engaged in virtual shopping through Hero was up to 21 times higher than those who did not in 2020.
*Klarna’s shopping pulse includes information from an online survey conducted in cooperation with research agency Nepa in 11 countries (US, UK, Australia, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Sweden, Norwayand Finland). A total of 11,740 consumers participated during the first quarter of 2022 (January-March). Sample sizes are nationally representative, naturally including both Klarna users and non-Klarna users, and were selected by research agency Nepa.
For more information, please contact:
Since 2005, Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. More than 400,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group and Nike, have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. With more than 5,000 employees, Klarna is active in 45 markets and is one of the world’s most valued private fintechs, with a valuation of $45.6 billion. For more information, visit Klarna.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
SOURCEKlarna Bank AB (published)